密歇根大學PS範文
這篇來自密歇根大學的PS範文表明了素材不必驚天動地,關(guan) 鍵是讓閱讀者看到你的行動弧線。
模擬法庭體(ti) 驗
The judge called “the prosecution may begin to question the defendant.”
法官說道:“控方可以開始盤問被告。”
I shuddered quietly to myself as I smoothed my skirt and rose slowly from the chair.
我悄悄打了個(ge) 寒顫,整理了一下裙子,緩緩從(cong) 椅子上站起身。
As I began to speak, I gained my confidence.
當我開口說話時,信心漸漸在心中生長。
My statement rolled off my tongue, as I projected my voice throughout the courtroom.
我的陳述順暢地從(cong) 嘴裏流出,聲音在法庭內(nei) 回蕩。
“Would you please provide a rendition of events during this incident?” I asked.
“請您敘述一下當時事件的經過?”我問道。
But, the testimony given was not in compliance with the pre-court interview notes from the previous weeks.
但被告的證詞與(yu) 過去幾周的庭前采訪記錄並不一致。
This defendant was sent to Ontario County Youth Court for consuming acid in school.
此案中,被告因為(wei) 在學校服用了迷幻藥,被送至安大略縣青少年法庭。
I continued to question cautiously, but finally caught the defendant in a blatant lie.
我小心翼翼地繼續盤問,最終在一次明顯的謊言中抓住了被告。
I calmly stated, “You are under oath and by lying, you are committing a federal offense of perjury. I would please ask you to tell the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so the jury can reach an appropriate sentence.”
我冷靜地說道:“您正在宣誓作證,撒謊屬於(yu) 聯邦偽(wei) 證罪。我要求您說出全部事實,毫無保留,好讓陪審團能夠做出公正的裁決(jue) 。”
I could see the defendant squirm during this confrontation.
在這番對質中,我看見被告坐立不安。
But, I was holding the upper hand, and lying could not undermine my self-assurance.
但我掌握著主動,謊言無法動搖我的自信。
興(xing) 趣起源
The case progressed with a sense of caution, for the power of prosecution can dampen the mood.
案件在謹慎的氛圍下繼續推進,因為(wei) 控方的權力總是帶有一絲(si) 壓迫感。
I have always been a searcher; for new opportunities, new friends, and a true passion.
我一直都是個(ge) 探索者——不斷尋找新的機會(hui) 、新的朋友和真正的熱情所在。
I have taken dance classes for fifteen years because I enjoy the creativity of movement, exercise, and my friendships with other dancers.
我學習(xi) 舞蹈已經十五年了,因為(wei) 我喜歡舞動的創造力、鍛煉身體(ti) ,以及和其他舞者之間的友誼。
But, dance is not my calling in life or deepest passion.
但舞蹈並不是我生命中的使命或最深的熱情。
I have taken tennis, golf, skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, sailing, sailboarding, scuba diving, and even sewing lessons.
我也學過網球、高爾夫、滑雪、單板滑雪、滑冰、帆船、帆板、潛水,甚至還有縫紉課程。
But these are also merely hobbies or interests.
但這些也都隻是興(xing) 趣或愛好而已。
Freshman year, after fourteen years of searching, I finally discovered my true passion and calling in life: a career in law.
在大學一年級,經過十四年的尋找,我終於(yu) 發現了自己真正的熱情與(yu) 人生使命:法律職業(ye) 。
I live on a dirt road and attend a small, rural school.
我住在一條土路上,讀的是一所鄉(xiang) 村小校。
There is not a single traffic light in the entire school district.
整個(ge) 學區裏連一個(ge) 紅綠燈都沒有。
But, these factors of seclusion have never hindered my appetite for exploration.
但這種與(yu) 世隔絕從(cong) 未限製過我探索的渴望。
One day, I saw a poster hanging in the atrium of my school about an information night regarding Ontario County Youth Court.
有一天,我在學校的中庭看到一張關(guan) 於(yu) 安大略縣青少年法庭宣講會(hui) 的海報。
On a whim, I decided to attend.
出於(yu) 一時的衝(chong) 動,我決(jue) 定去參加。
I have always been an advocate for trying new activities, or else passions can never be unleashed and discovered.
我一向主張嚐試新事物,否則人的熱情永遠無法被激發與(yu) 發現。
Without leaving one’s comfort zone and broadening one’s horizons, we can never grow as people.
隻有跳出舒適區、拓寬視野,我們(men) 才能成長。
That evening, I sat in a room with fifteen other strangers and learned about restorative justice principles and careers in law.
那天晚上,我和十五個(ge) 陌生人坐在一起,學習(xi) 了修複性司法的理念和法律職業(ye) 的相關(guan) 內(nei) 容。
I was hooked.
我被深深吸引住了。
At that moment, I realized this my calling.
就在那一刻,我意識到:這就是我的使命。
持續參與(yu)
After completing a 20-hour training process, being inducted as a full member of youth court, and religiously attending youth court cases each month, my thirst was still unquenched.
完成了20小時的培訓,正式成為(wei) 青少年法庭的成員,並且每月堅持參加法庭審理後,我的渴望依然沒有被滿足。
Therefore, I became involved in court evaluating.
於(yu) 是,我又投身於(yu) 法庭評估工作。
Local court officials are assessed by volunteers to ensure they are fulfilling their duties to the community.
誌願者會(hui) 對當地法官進行評估,以確保他們(men) 履行對社區的職責。
Watching judges mandate reprimands for speeding tickets might be dull for some, but I find it fascinating.
有人可能會(hui) 覺得旁聽法官對超速罰單做出處罰很無聊,但我卻覺得無比有趣。
The legal system has such a vast array of powers and professions.
法律體(ti) 係包含著豐(feng) 富多樣的權力與(yu) 職業(ye) 。
I have continued to expand my knowledge by attending local, district, and circuit courts, along with touring a jail.
我繼續擴展自己的知識,旁聽了地方、地區、巡回法庭的案件,還參觀了監獄。
價(jia) 值觀升華
While I was first motivated to join Ontario County Youth Court for the sake of self-exploration and serving my community, I discovered my passion for law.
起初,我加入安大略縣青少年法庭,是為(wei) 了自我探索與(yu) 服務社區,但在這個(ge) 過程中,我發現了自己對法律的熱情。
By interacting with a vast array of youth offenders, I have had the opportunity to see the world others live in.
通過與(yu) 各種青少年違法者的接觸,我有機會(hui) 看見他們(men) 所生活的世界。
Now, I have the ability to understand other people’s circumstances and social pressures.
如今,我能夠理解他人的處境與(yu) 社會(hui) 壓力。
Most importantly, I have fully encompassed the value of prioritizing the common good above individual success.
最重要的是,我徹底領悟了將公共利益置於(yu) 個(ge) 人成功之上的價(jia) 值觀。
評論已經被關(guan) 閉。